The material consists of 5 precisely cut wooden drawing insets in blue color placed on corresponding pink-colored frames. The shapes for kids are circles, pentagons, squares, rectangles, and triangles. They are exactly the same measurements as the wooden insets of the geometric cabinet.
Children begin working with the Drawing Inset between the ages of 3 to 6.
- Develop the fine motor skills required for holding a pencil in preparation for writing
- Develop their pencil grip
- Refine their fine motor skills
- Learn how to draw within an outline, which is the material’s control of error
- Encourage children to challenge their imagination as they create artistic designs
- Interacting with these shapes and colors
- Lay the foundation for future work in Geometry